LOS ANGELES, July 13 - The passage of time has not stopped the public outrage over last Saturday night’s controversial decision rendered in the Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara bout in Atlantic City in which former World Champion Williams was awarded a 12 round majority decision over rising star Lara in a fight that most observers had Lara winning handily. As the days have passed, more and more journalists have come out in protest of the verdict and are calling for a rematch.
Below is just a sampling of the reports written about what many believe is one of the worst decisions rendered in a boxing match in the last several years:
· Yahoo, Kevin Iole: Unnerving Decisions Mar Boxing
· USA Today, Bob Velin: Paul Williams Wins Contentious Decision Over Erislandy Lara
· ESPN, Dan Rafael: Paul Williams Gets Lucky Break Over Lara
· ESPN, Dan Rafael: Paul Williams Ekes Out Shaky Decision
· Maxboxing.com, Alec Kohut: Robbery And A New Champion On The Atlantic City Boardwalk
· Doghouseboxing.com, Ken Hissner: Erislandy Lara Gets Ripped BY Jersey Officials And Paul Williams
· Ringtv.com, Doug Fischer: Monday Mailbag
· Ringtv.com, Doug Fischer: Ring Ratings Update: Williams Drops, Lara And Molina Debut In Rankings
· Ringtv.com, Michael Rosenthal: Weekend Review: Rios’ KO And A Bad Decision
· The Queensberry Rules, Tim Starks: Raul Williams Tops Erislandy Lara In One Of The Worst Decisions You’ll Ever See
· Badlefthook.com, Scott Christ: Erislandy Lara Robbed of Win
· Proboxing-fans.com, Scott Levinson: Bad Boxing Decisions: Incompetence Or Corruption?
· Thecruelestsport.com, Michael Nelson: Aftermath: On Williams-Lara
· Examiner.com, Scott Heritage: Williams-Lara Rematch A Must Before ’The Punisher’ Can Move Forwards
· Boxingscene.com, Cliff Rold: Hope Lara Got Lubed For That
· Miamiherald.com, Santos Perez: Erislandy Loses, Wants A Rematch
For more information on Golden Boy Promotions and Erislandy Lara, visit www.goldenboypromotions.com, follow us on Twitter at or become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GoldenBoyBoxing.